Visitors

free counters

World Clock (click on the country for local time)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why Do Some People Die Before They Are Old?

Death entered the world when sin came in. Ever since Adam and Eve, pain and death have been part of life. Eventually, everything that is alive in our world has to die. Plants die. Animals die. People die. Death can come from a lot of different causes: automobile accidents, sickness, old age, and so forth. And life is short, no matter how long a person lives. Just ask someone who is sixty or seventy or eighty. Remember that because life is short, we must make the most of every day that we are alive. Each breath is a gift from God. But also remember that this life is not all there is. After we die we can life forever with God.

Key Verse

For to me, living is Christ, and dying—well, that's better yet! But if I live I can win people to Christ. So I don't know which is better. Should I live or die? Sometimes I want to live, and at times I don't. For I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! (Philippians 1:21-23)

Related Verse

2 Corinthians 5:6

No comments: