Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Sir Isaac Newton said...
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
Here are 15 other great quotes:
1. "Well done is better than well said."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
2. "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on."
Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
3. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
Mother Teresa (1910-1997)
4. "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
George Washington (1732-1799)
5. "The time is always right to do what is right."
Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)
6. "All the adversity I've had in my life, has strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney (1901-1966)
7. "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
8. "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
9. "It is better to light the candle than to curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)
10. "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight Eisenhower (1890-1969)
11. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nelson Mandela (1918 - )
12. "We must become the change we wish to see in the world."
13. "The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."
14. "Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."
Henry Ford (1863-1947)
15. "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."
Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Joseph Tan
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2009 12:34:54 PM
Subject: MORE ONE LINERS
here is something to smile away your monday blues.. hehe..
'Those Of You Who Are Drinking To Forget, Please Pay In Advance.'
Behind Every Great Man, There Is A Surprised Woman.
Sign in a Hospital ward:
Laugh And The World Laughs With You,
Snore And You sleep Alone.
Sign In A Restaurant:
All Drinking Water In This Establishment
Has Been Personally Passed By The Manager.
Seen on a bulletin board:
Success Is Relative. More The Success, More The Relatives.
When I Read About The Evils Of Drinking ... I Gave Up Reading.
Advertisement In A Long Island Shop:
Guitar, for sale ... Cheap ... no strings attached.
Ad In Hospital Waiting Room:
Smoking Helps You Lose Weight ... One Lung At A Time!